YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND About repair electric shutters

Having worked in the PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) field for quite some time I have seen some astonishingly dangerous pieces of electrical equipment. Often that is down to poor awareness on the dangers of electricity. I’m writing this article to educate users to some of the dangers that can be found when working with electrical goods and just why faulty goods should be repaired before further use.

In the united kingdom alone around 1000 injuries occur because of electric shock every year, typically 30 of these will undoubtedly be fatal! This really implies that electricity must be taken seriously and is no laughing matter. Visit my site to see failed items found during PAT testing.

Below I have listed some of the most common bad electrical practices and just why they can be dangerous:

Plugs without protective sleeves

Some older plugs don’t feature the protective sleeves on the phase and neutral pins of the plug. Basically this means that for anyone who is plugging or un-plugging an appliance with this type of plug you’re at risk of electric shock if you hold the plug incorrectly. In the event that you look at a modern plug you can view the protective sleeves on the pins as another colour to the metal by the end of the pins. I have seen protective sleeves which were melted off a plug when overheating has occurred, if it has happened the plug may also have suffered internal damage.

Plugs rewired incorrectly

The most frequent fault when checking in the plug is that the cable grip is either missing, loose or only clamping the individual insulation for the phase and neutral wires rather than the insulation for the cable also. The cable grip can be an important feature on plugs as a sharp tug could easily damage the wiring. شایع‌ترین دلایل برای تعمیر کرکره برقی Plugs which have been rewired incorrectly to the incorrect polarity or are missing a connection to earth are less common but can be a danger.

Fuses

Not only is it surprisingly common for the incorrect fuse found when testing an appliance but occasionally I’ll find tin foil, a bolt or other things that will conduct electricity instead of the fuse. Utilizing the correct fuse for the gear in use is essential as should a fault occur utilizing the wrong fuse could be the difference between a blown fuse or a power fire / severe electric shock. When an item is protected by the wrong or no fuse in case of fault it can draw often more current than it must be able to. If the item is short circuiting this can create a huge amount of heat and a fire before very long at all.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *